Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Visitors Head Home ... Eventually

Kate, Arj and family got away late Monday afternoon to catch their 7:40pm flight from Brisbane back to Melbourne.  As the last flight of the day, any delays from earlier on mount up making the last flight a difficult one to time exactly.  This was the case Monday night.  The 7:40 departure was delayed for a couple of hours meaning they didn't fly into Melbourne until close on Midnight.  Fortunately the kids slept through much of the flight and the drive back to Berwick.

It was sad to see them go.

That meant Tuesday was an R/R day for everyone.  The weather has turned wet and showery again.  Most showers tend to be overnight leaving us with cloudy days. 8ml in the rain gauge the other night and another 9 there last night.

I managed a bottling yesterday which meant another little chore was out of the way.

Trish and I have been watching a TV series based on Ken Follet's book, "The Pillars of The Earth".  It was a bit of fun with heaps of action and many twists and turns.  It is set in 12 Century Britain and follows the building of a cathedral at Kingsbridge and the turbulent history of the time.  It was 8 episodes long and we finished Episode 8 around 10:15 last night.

Trish is off to Stitchers this morning and later I will pop around to Ian and Kerrie's home to do some computer/downloading stuff.


The special price on the bottom of the range Tuner/Amp I was looking at is no longer available at JB HiFi.  I had made inquiries on the capability of the unit to do what I wanted, i.e. add headphones.  It seems this cheaper model should have been able to do it but there was no guarantee.  There would still be a need to have dual audio connections, both via HDMI (see below) and RCA (see above left). The one I was looking at was "OK" but would have required a little manipulating.  I will keep what I have.

I have already apologized to Arj.

My new TV should be available any time now for me to collect.  However with wet weather forecast for the next few days I may not be able to pick it up until early next week when the weather (showers) clears up. I am using a friend's 'Ute' so I need fine weather (or a break in the showers).  Late Friday and all day Saturday should both be very wet.

No comments: