Sunday, July 08, 2012

Visitors Continue To Enjoy Sunshine

Kate, Arj and family continue to enjoy themselves in the sunshine.  We did experience a light shower or two on Saturday and another 5mls of rain overnight Sunday but generally the skies remain lovely and blue  It is around 20 degrees at the moment but around midday it is 25 in the back corner out of the wind.

They are all checking out Maleny today, a small hinterland town with some lovely views.  Meanwhile I continue to investigate Tuner/Amps online.  Arj has decided he will take my Yamaha Amp to replace his unit which is playing up.  My unit has Zone 2 enabling audio to be played into a second room.  Arj has a 'sound' mate who has checked it out and says it would do the job for him.

I will replace it with a bottom of the range Pioneer Tuner Amp but it will have all HDMI connectors which mean we can rid of a couple of boxes and all the associated wires which currently surround the old TV.  The problem is my headphones and the need to have dual connections because the best sound is delivered digitally while the headphones I have are analog.  And therein lies the problem.

I didn't get to Computer Club yesterday because we had visitors.  As Kate and Arj have discovered, there is heaps of footy on Pay TV at the moment.  Arj reckons it is OK but Kate isn't so pleased.

I got bottles washed today and they are drying in the sunshine.  I was advised to use a little "rinse aid" in the rinse water to help them dry quickly.  It seems to be working well.

No comments: