Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Summer Arrives

It has been warm here the last day or so. I have moved on from T-Shirts to Singlets and you are correct, it's not a pretty sight! Temps have been nudging 30 degrees the last day or so. As I have said previously, the hottest time of the day here is around 11 am, just before the sea-breeze comes in. Overnights have been in the low 20's. This morning I swam after my bike ride around 8 am with the pool temp 26+ and the air temp in our sheltered little back yard about 28 degrees.

As the photo shows, there is hardly a cloud in the sky. The photo was taken before 7 am this morning and shows the new development here with over 700 home sites to be built in the next few years. And there isn't a cloud in the sky.

There is still no rain on the outlook and giving the pool a little top up happens every second day or so. I was in the pool on 3 separate occasions yesterday. Remember you can click on one photo to see larger views of all photos in one post. Click on the cross in the top right hand corner to return to this page.

I continue to have a ball with the new WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. I have discovered 'Movie Sheets' and a program called "Thumbgen". Now when I click on a movie to play there is a synopsis of the story, the major actors, the duration and the latest IMDB rating. In the background is a screenshot from the movie as you can see on the photo left. I am enjoying messing around with it very much.

Tuesday we headed into the RSL for a $5 per person lunch. The RSL is not renowned for its meals so we were a little wary. It was basic 'pub fare' but not a bad sized meal at all for $5. I was planning on grabbing 2 lunches if they were smaller serves but I couldn't have eaten two serves.

You can see 'my' recliner chair in the photo left. I had again broken the cable (that is at least 3 times now) which runs from the handle to the release mechanism which extends the recliner. Previously I would ring a guy who would come and replace the cable for me at around $60 a pop. I called him a few times, sent him a couple of texts all without an answer.

The repair guy had previously told me they were straight forward to replace. I hadn't heard from him so I guessed he was no longer in business. I popped in to a local furniture store to check out where I might be able to buy a new cable. The guy gave me a cable, not exactly the same as the original but he believed it might work. I replaced the broken cable and "bingo", it works. That is another $60 I have saved!

Last night we watched an older movie called "A Time To Kill". It told the story of a negro father who shot dead the two guys who had raped his 10 y.o. daughter, left her for dead and the ensuing court case. We both enjoyed it very much. Samuel L Lewis, Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughy were in it. A great story.

No comments: