Sunday, November 06, 2011

All Quiet On The Northern Front

We have had lovely warmish days with temps around 26 or 28 degrees. This morning the pool was around 23+ degrees so OK for a quick swim after my bike ride. We could do with an inch or two of rain though. Warmer weather and no rain means the pool water evaporates a little more quickly

It hasn't been busy up this way at all, just the everyday humdrum of checking out what is available for download off the net and a visit to my 'usual' web sites. I updated some things on the BeCA website I look after as well.

I put a new brew on Thursday. The rubber seal between the lid and the barrel has gone out of shape so it doesn't fully seal to the whole 100%.

This makes little or no difference to the brew, it just means that it will need to be bottled as soon as it is ready!

Computer Club was busy yesterday as usual sorting out upgrading AVG, how to copy photos to a CD, how can I do this or that.

I spent a fair bit of time showing one chap who was keen to learn about getting movies off the net. I pointed him to a website I had put together for some good basic knowledge. You can see it HERE.

I did have a call from one of the older Computer Club members last night regarding a call she had received from "Microsoft" earlier that night. She had asked they call her back in 15 minutes after she had finished eating her meal. I managed to put her mind at rest saying it was a 'scam'. They tell you your computer is infected and if you pay money there and then they will fix it for you remotely! She was most thankful ... and relieved!

I caught up with one of the new BeCA Committee members for drinks Friday afternoon. They are relatively new to the coast and finding it a little difficult to get to know people. It was pleasant. Trish and I will most likely pop around there Tuesday afternoon for an hour or two.

Two doors up had a party last night. It was pretty noisy around here. Fortunately it was a coolish night (around 18 degrees) so we were able to shut the place up and escape the worst of it. Perhaps it would have been nice had we been warned. The worst can be the music's thump, thump, thump of the base but the music they played last night wasn't that sort of music. We locked the place up so any noise we could hear was incidental. There are benefits to being a bit deaf after all!

No comments: