Thursday, September 01, 2011

A Good Deal

Our delightful weather has continued the last three days.  Hardly a cloud in the sky and around the low to mid 20's most days.  Even the pool is a little above 21 degrees right now.

Wednesday was especially busy for me as President of the local Community Association.  Firstly there was a photo session for the local paper.  The new Bellvista II development is about to be fully approved and work will begin.  Then it was time to catch up with local MP to discuss what is being done with the main road into our area.  The new development means the road needs some upgrading and as a result some residents will need to backtrack down the main road, make a u-turn then back up again to get on the main road into Caloundra or to Brisbane.

Trish has Stitchers followed by Mahjong yesterday so she was out all day.

Today Thursday saw me on the bike for a shorter ride than normal as I had a Computer Club member popping around for some help.  She put Bellvista into her GPS (we are really Caloundra West) and discovered Bella Vista is 700k's away! She possibly shouldn't be allowed near a computer either.  But I think she appreciated the help.  We managed to get the printer to work, she had been plugging the USB lead into the ethernet connection on her laptop!

I have been keeping my eye out for a good deal on an internet radio.  That is a radio which can go 'online' to my wireless network and play online radio stations.  There are in excess of 1500 stations out there which this gadget can access.  The better model available via Kogan seen in the picture here, is usually $189 + $19 delivery.  I visited a website called "Spreets" today and bought a voucher for $99 which allows me to buy stuff from Kogan to the value of $200.  So my $210 delivered internet radio will cost me less than $120. It is also a DAB digital radio, an FM radio and an iPod Dock. I have to pay any delivery charges.

I am please with my deal!

I haven't ventured far from the TV whenever possible, I have been watching the Test Cricket live from Sri Lanka.  I have sport all night on TV tonight while Trish has her Trivia night.

No comments: