Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Suuny Days And Warming Up

It continues to be coolish with a strong southerly still blowing. This tends to make bike riding a little unpleasant. We are into September which is the beginning of the magpie swooping season. We have been quite lucky here with few swooping problems however one magpie found me out today and had a bit of a go at me. As you can see from the photo further 'precautions' have been put into place.

Temperatures should be above the mid 20's later this week.

The fallout from the recent approval of the large estate to be built next to Bellvista continues. I had a call from another local paper yesterday for a comment. Feelings on it all are quite high as there may well be a negative outcome for the nearby airport. Letters to the newspaper have been quite willing. However I was a little upset when one Bellvista resident (and a resident member of the Bellvista Community Association) signed a particularly nasty letter with his name and followed it with BeCA! We moved into damage control quickly with disclaimers to the newspaper and people who were singled out for attack in the article.

Trish had some sewing ladies around Monday morning and I bottled my 'brew'.

I was disappointed that another brew I was beginning to drink isn't too good either. That is two brews in a row now that have been a bit ordinary. Previously I have probably had no more than three crook brews in 6 years, now suddenly I have two in a row!

I continue to enjoy playing with the new phone. I installed Skype onto it recently and I am using a totally different Skype account for it. If you want to be added as a contact do a search for the Skype name 'thomfam90'.

No comments: