Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Wet Mornings, Sunny Afternoons!

It has been a couple of days now since I added a post so I had better update things.

Again sport on TV took up much of the time over the weekend. My team played in a Friday night blockbuster against the top side and had a resounding win. It was a surprising and unexpected result for both sides. Trish's team also had a win.

On top of both our footy sides winning, Australia won the cricket as well.

The last two days have seen a heap of overnight rain, a wet morning followed by a lovely sunny afternoon. The rain has amounted to almost 2 whole inches.

I am considering a new mobile phone. However as we don't spend much on a mobile phone service, I am looking for the best deal I can get. Unfortunately the best deals are available from providers using the Optus service. The service strength here is best described as OK. I even bought a $5 Sim Card to see how it worked. It received and made calls OK but the signal strength was way down. But it worked.

Today I had a guy from the computer club around, he has a new Optus phone so we did another test. It worked OK.

The deal is a brand new smart phone (Galaxy S) with around 7 hours of talk time included! This is for $29 per month which is a bit more than I am currently spending. I currently get an hour free each day. This is always during a pre-determined hour. This service will allow me to call outside the prescribed hour.

You can check the deal HERE.

I had my first BeCA Committee meeting as President last night. It seemed to go OK.

No comments: