Sunday, September 25, 2011

Perhaps a Storm This Evening?

The weather has been glorious the last week. September is usually the driest time of the year so the lack of rain isn't surprising. I even had to use the hose to top up the pool earlier in the week. Speaking of the pool, I did the annual trip to the Pool Shop for a new season pool chemical update. For $35 I walked away with buffer, stabilizer and a bag of salt which altogether should get me through to Christmas. The pool was around 21 degrees this morning and heading towards 23 just now at lunch time.

It is the annual 'cricket' time here on the coast with State cricket teams from down south heading to the Sunshine Coast for warm weather, dry cricket conditions and some pre-season practice. We have both Victoria and Tasmania here this year and they played a one day game under lights at Caloundra on Friday afternoon. Needless to say it was extremely enjoyable. I had quick chats with Clinton McKay, Cameron White and Dave Hussey, all Australian players in one form of the game or another.

I couldn't stay to the end of the game because we had AFL footy on TV Friday night. Speaking of which the footy was heart-breaking for Trish but a breeze for myself. Trish's team was pipped at the post while my team had a comfortable game and won their way through to next week's Grand Final.

I took my phone with me to the Computer Club on Saturday. I was quizzed about it by several people and we compared notes on providers and what is available. One English lady had trouble believing you could listen to BBC radio on the telephone! I took this photo of the group I usually help. Excuse Peter in the foreground of this photo, despite looking happy in this snap, he wasn't at all happy in Rome a week or so ago after he and his partner's passports were stolen!

Like many up here, Peter is an ex-Victorian. He worked as a policeman at St Kilda Rd before heading north around 1990. Peter lost his wife to cancer a few years ago. We socialize together and enjoy nights out. Peter is a keen cook and makes a mean curry or stir-fry!

It is a little quiet today as there isn't any footy on the TV. However I will try and get to a couple of days at the cricket early in the week.

My new internet radio is expected to be delivered tomorrow! Another new toy to play with!

No comments: