Monday, September 26, 2011

Three Posts In Two Days!

Currently I am 'stuck' at home waiting for the delivery of my "Internet Radio". It is being delivered by the courier company "Toll". Their website and tracking code says the package was loaded onto a truck in Maroochydore this morning just before 7 am. I have to be at home to sign for and collect the package.

Trish went to a sewing group gathering today which left me a little late to head off for a bike ride. So, as the photo shows, I washed bottles, getting ready for my next 'brew bottling' which should be ready to go, possibly Wednesday or Thursday.

After a couple of disasters with home brewing, I have made some changes to the way I wash bottles. I am now using a 'paid for' sanitizer spray and giving each bottle up to 8 'squirts' and then whisking the fluid around inside the bottle. There is no need to rinse using this method, just allow the bottles to dry with the sanitizer inside. The previous method using bleach was a high user of water and this new method I tried today is definitely quicker and uses less water.

I had a Skype call from a mate John Logan who is currently in Florida. He was wanting to know if there were any shortcuts to get the AFL live on his PC. It seems he is having a ball over there.

I rang my brother this morning. His footy team and my footy team are meeting in the Grand Final on Saturday. He is planning to come up for a visit soon after Christmas.

We are really hanging out for rain right now. Last night's storms turned out to be a light 60 second sprinkle. It has returned to clear and sunny again today with a top temp around 25 degrees. The lawn is so dry it is beginning to crinkle under your feet as you walk over it.

I hope any older golfers enjoy the golfing joke below.

No comments: