Monday, June 20, 2011

Under 6 Degrees This Morning

Monday morning was one of the coldest mornings we have experienced here on the Sunshine Coast. The temp was less than 6 degrees but there was a promise that it would get to a sunny twenty or so as today's top temperature. Such a cold start meant a delay to the day's bike ride. It is now approaching midday and all the requirements, (bike ride, breakfast, shower) have all been completed. There is hardly a cloud in the sky and it is extremely pleasant sitting in the sunshine out of any slight breeze there may be today.

Usually we expect it to be around 12 degrees minimum at this time of year!

Little if any news to pass on. It was a busy morning at Computer Club on Saturday but I managed to have a good chat with several mates. There were a few problems to solve but all in all it was a good morning. The rest of the day was spent sorting out some downloads and sorting out my regular PC tidy up.

I always do an anti-virus scan over the weekend as well as a full scan with Malwarebytes. Then it is the old faithfull "Spybot". With those three scans completed I run a 'defrag' program as well.

The rest of the weekend was spent getting my new backup disk drive all sorted out. I have my old archives of nearly all of my old movies (pre mid 2010) sitting on an old 750GB drive which won't work on any computer except my old PC. I can access this old drive via the old PC on my home "Network". However the connection speed is quite slow, the files go from the add on drive to the Old PC and then to the new PC via my modem/router.

I now have them all backed up and on my new 2TB drive.

We watched another good movie last night called "Monster", the story of the USA's most famous female serial killer. It was very good!

No comments: