Sunday, June 05, 2011

Sensational Winter Weather

Days are in the low to mid 20's in our protected small backyard so we are enjoying gorgeous weather. Our friends who are departing the area for South Africa had a small part of their packing held up on Thursday so they left 24 hours later than expected. This meant Friday drinks was able to go ahead.

I even had a few beers myself on Friday as I begin to fully recover from my recent middle ear infection and heavy head cold.

I thought I was almost back to 100% until I went to Computer Club Saturday morning. Although I was feeling pretty good, once I got into the hustle and bustle of helping people I soon realized I am not 100%.

Weekend in winter of course means watching AFL footy on TV for me and this weekend was no different. My team had another good solid win.

It is around 8:30 am as I type this and it is still low teens outside.

When it warms up a little more I will head off on a shortened bike ride. I rode almost 10k's on Friday, my first ride for over two weeks. I took my camera with me and grabbed some photos from around the estate to give the Community Association website quite a big update.

I rang the Pay TV provider to tell them I wanted the service disconnected. Rather than see me go ahead with the disconnection, they offered my a "Loyalty Discount" of $15 per month. Over 12 months this totals almost $200 which is better in my pocket than theirs! I have the new deal for 12 months!

No comments: