Monday, March 14, 2011

A Sunny Monday

The weather has been quite reasonable the last few days getting to the high 20's. We still have been getting the odd shower a couple of times a day, the sort of weather that makes getting washing dry a bit difficult. But today is lovely and sunny. I have been bike riding most mornings and today got over 13k's up before arriving back home.

The pool is down to just under 25 degrees in the mornings so my swims are usually over in a few minutes! It is extremely refreshing now though!

After our return from Melbourne at Christmas time I noticed a new 'weed' in the front lawn. The weed is called "Mullumbimby Couch". There is quite a lot of it all over the estate right now. I took a 'sample' with me to Bunnings on Saturday where it was identified and I was directed to the appropriate spray ($12) to deal with it. I checked out the instructions and saw it wasn't suitable for Queensland Blue Couch lawns. I have just that lawn!

There was another bottle of stuff there which wouldn't harm Queensland Blue Couch lawns at a mere $32 per bottle! I was then told the cheaper version may knock the lawn I have around a little but won't kill it. I spot sprayed with the $12 product on Saturday afternoon.

This morning I saw that the areas I had spot sprayed the lawn were browning off a little. I hope the weed is feeling a bit sick too!

My PC "Power Off" problem continues. I began to keep count yesterday and right now out of 8 shutdowns, the PC has failed to "Power Off" on 3 occasions. I can live with that. As long as it isn't a problem which will worsen things should be OK.

I had a call from a Computer Club member saying her laptop had "jammed" and how could she fix it. I explained how to press and hold the power button which she did and she restarted it.The laptop then 'jammed' again. So we went through a few things until she discovered the 'pad' was working and she could move the cursor around the screen that way. We had a few problems discovering if the mouse was USB powered or was it wireless.

It is all fixed now, the mouse battery had gone flat!

No comments: