Sunday, March 27, 2011

Late Sunday Afternoon

I took my bike to the local "Cycle Shop" Friday afternoon for a bit of an idea on which way I should go. The bike has been slipping in its gears recently and is probably in need of a good service after carrying me around for about 5 years! The bike guy checked it out and suggested it needed all new running gear as well as replacing the bike chain, the crank and the pedals. In short he really said your bike has had it, you need a new one.

Just 'luckily' he had one there he would let me have as a special price of $310. While waiting for Trish on Thursday I had spotted a bike shop near Maroochydore and was attracted in by the 50% off signs! I checked a couple of the 50% off bikes out and saw something there for around $250. I was a little concerned about the 50% off. Anyway I travelled back to the shop later on Friday and bought a beaut bike for $277.50. He 'said' the original price was $575 (which I took with a grain of salt).

I have had a couple of rides since and it sure travels smoothly and is extremely comfortable to ride. It is a Fuji Monterey 2.0.

I did a search on the internet on a Fuji Monterey 2.0 and discovered the actual RRP is $575! I saw a couple of other sites where the same bike was for sale at $499 and $399 respectively.

Fuji are relasing a new range of bikes which are quite different in design to what I have now purchased which explains the 50% off. I am extremely pleased with the bike and the deal I got.

I nearly had a heart attack watching my AFL team play on Friday night. They won by one point in a heart stopper!

The Computer Club was fairly busy on Saturday morning while the afternoon was spent watching even more footy. Then later on Saturday we welcomed a friend named Betty who was staying with for a couple of days and then to attend a funeral on Monday. She used to live in Bellvista but has since returned to Canberra to find work and re establish herself there.

More great footy to watch Sunday afternoon and a chance to have a chat and a few beers too.

No comments: