Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Busy Week

Things have been pretty hectic this week with both my involvement with the Community Association and updating Trish's laptop to Windows 7.

I have been pretty pleased with how the main PC has been going after moving from Vista to Windows 7.  Trish's laptop, which also came with Vista, has been getting slower and slower and was due for a reformat.  It came with an update to Windows 7 deal and we have had the disk for sometime.  It took a fair bit of Wednesday to get everything back as it had been prior to the reformat.  I reckon it opens up much more quickly now it has had the upgrade to Windows 7.

As we both now have Windows 7 the file exchange between our two computers seems to work a lot more easily than before.  Needless to say I have had a ball doing it as well!

I have also had a couple of meetings with our local MP on the need to duplicate Bellvista Blvd which is the one and only single lane road into the estate.  One meeting was onsite, the second was with a local newspaper reporter.  They are after a photo this afternoon so we are all meeting during the peak time when the large school on the estate closes for the day around 3:00pm.  The road is bedlam as almost 1,000 students are collected or bussed from the estate.

My computer has been working very well with the refusal to power off occurring rarely nowadays.  I possibly have the problem once per week.  After shutting down I switch everything off at the power board anyway so the failure to power off after shutdown really isn't a problem.

Everything seems to be updating as well.  The way I do the blog has been updated and even the web browser Firefox that I use has been updated to Firefox 4 as well.

Keep your eye on www.caloundraartsandcrafts.org.au as well.  The website Trish has created is about to go online too.

It looks like it is 'there', it now needs looks like the website itself has to be uploaded.

Cooler weather yesterday with a top of only 22 degrees.  A bit closer to the high 20's today.  We have had quite a lot of rain yesterday but I was back on my bike for a ride this morning.

No comments: