Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nice & Hot!

It has been unseasonally hot the last couple of days. We cannot expect any respite from the heat for another two days or so. It was around 33 or so today but the good side of this was that the warm wind was blowing from the west, from over Central Australia and therefore was fairly 'dry'. So a day with 33 degrees and humidity around 50% isn't too bad!

I recently wrote in the Blog about the keyboard problem with Trish's laptop, you hit "i" and the laptop typed out "io"! Quite a few of the keys were behaving badly. I had rung Dell about it on Monday morning and the Tech popped in last night (Tuesday) and replaced the keyboard. The keyboard was still a little strange yesterday but a lot better than it had been on Monday. The Tech called me about 4:45 pm and said he was on his way. I said I would turn the air con on and I would also have a cold beer for him!

He was delighted with that. It turns out he lives a bout 1klm from me and he just loves messing around with computers. I said I was interested in possibly getting a new one myself. He asked what I wanted and I showed him a quote I had received. He was straight on the net checking prices for parts and said he would build it for me for the cost of the parts + a slab of beer! He just enjoyed doing this sort of thing and helping people out.

He had a quick look at my PC and said that if I put another 2GB of RAM into the PC it would make the world of difference. 2GB of RAM costs $50 and you just plug it in to the motherboard, real easy to do and it would make the world of difference to the way the PC would work.

I pick up the 2GB of RAM in Maroochydore tomorrow. I pass the shop on the way to the airport when I go to pick Trish up upon her return from Melbourne.

So with Trish returning tomorrow I have put two loads of washing through, I have given the house a vacuum, I've cleaned spots from the floor and the dishwasher is empty! It will be great to have her home again, this time she has been away for a little over 2 weeks.

Australian Rules footy starts this weekend. My team has been near the top of the ladder for some time the last few years. They are due to drop back a little. Still, during their time on top they have won two premierships, a fact not to be sneezed at. There are footy shows on TV tonight as well as the World Cup cricket finals. I will get some fish and chips for tea and settle back to watch the TV and enjoy a few 'brews'.

No comments: