Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Swapping Internet Service Providers (ISP)

Sometime in the next few days we will lose our internet connection for an hour as we move from Netspace to Internode as our ISP. I can get 25% more download with Internode and save $10 per month. The plan we are moving to is called "Easy Broadband" and it is one of the most popular plans across all Australian ISP's.

I have been quite impressed with the Internode website, all the information you want on how to set up your modem/router is there for various models. Currently I am using a Billion Router and all instructions I require are available.

I loved to use Outlook Express for my emails but there isn't Outlook Express available with Vista. So I use Mozilla's Thunderbird email program instead. The Internode website has illustrated step by step instructions available to set up Mozilla Thunderbird and add a new Internode Email account. Thunderbird Version 2 is as close as you can get to the old Outlook Express program.

Right now we are with Netspace so our Netspace address is the one to use.

I will send out an email when our ISP change comes through with the new Internode email address

No comments: