Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Friday And It's Not Raining!

Things have been quiet. Tony's wife is on a "Nanna Visit" back to Sydney right now so I wandered over to his place yesterday afternoon for a chat and a drink or two. Trish headed off to Trivia again last night where her team of 6 finished 2nd. However there was some sort of Jackpot they won and the team received $80. She was very pleased with it all.

Yesterday morning we tripped over to "Kawana Central" where I bought a water proof coat to wear to the footy when in Melbourne. I usually wear a sort of 'ski jacket' which is bulky and a bright crimson color. It is no longer water proof so I reckoned it was time to swap it over. I will take it with me when we both head to Melbourne, mid August.

I have been busy with the Community Association website this morning. The new Shopping Village being built here is well underway (See pic left) and the lake has some algal bloom (See below). It is expected the algal bloom will disappear naturally. It was caused by all the rain we have had recently. I have put these pictures into the BeCA website. The pool needed a bag of salt today as a lot has been lost due to the the rain causing the pool to overflow.

This afternoon is our usual Friday afternoon 'meeting' but I will get there early to show Paul a few more clues about Usenet. Trish is at Quilting this morning. Nice to have a dry sunny day and I managed to get a 12.5k bike ride in as well.

Footy on all over the weekend again and Computer Club Saturday morning! Sounds pretty good to me.

No comments: