Monday, April 05, 2010

Happy Easter Everyone

I am certainly getting grumpier in my old age. I had words with a young neighbour yesterday over kids playing on our front nature strip. They were a bit noisy and leave rubbish there from when they are playing. I asked them to move to their front lawn and play. The young neighbour went on about nature strips being public property and the kids could play there. I bit back and we had a good old verbal joust. I sometimes find kids climbing on top of our letterbox, I find lolly wrappers etc on the lawn, I find berries etc which have been picked off the plants and then left on the lawn. I am certainly getting grumpier the last couple of years!

I managed a 12k bike ride again this morning. The gears need adjusting just a little as sometimes it slips. I gave the gears a 'service' today, (that means a quick spray with WD40) and the quick test ride seemed OK. Tomorrow will tell more.

There is footy on TV over Easter and my team Geelong plays Trish's team Hawthorn this afternoon. I am not at all confident so I may be even more grumpier come 5pm this afternoon. Daylight saving has finished so all Eastern States are once again sharing the same times.

I have discovered a new way to download movies via a service called Usenet. It is only available for free through 5 Australian Internet Service Providers and Netspace is one of those. Otherwise it is a $10 monthly charge. If you want to learn a little more about it click HERE to go to the Australian Usenet Guide website and have a look at the Tutorials. For a start I would suggest looking at the Grabit Tutorial and then using the http://nzbmatrix.com/index.php website to hunt for downloads. You will need to 'register' for nzbmatrix.com

No comments: