Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weather The Same, Hot And 31!

The weather forecast is getting to be monotonous, 31 degrees and sunny again today. We have not had a drop rain since we returned to the Sunshine Coast from our trip to Melbourne. The pool warms up to about 30 degrees during the day making for a sensational late night swim just before heading off to bed! Sometimes the sea breeze is a bit late coming in but it is always there cooling us off about 3 pm daily.

Trish is still a little off color, nothing to worry about, just not quite sparkling. She has gone to Gym again this morning!

I had Computer Club yesterday and had a very good day. I managed to get one member's laptop to connect to the Club's Wireless Internet where several others had failed to do so. It took a bit of searching but eventually we got it sorted. I was able to help the member who could not receive her Yahoo emails when I set up Thunderbird on her new Windows 7 laptop. She was most grateful. I was able to help several other club members too.

I rode my bike on my own today, the others don't/can't ride on Sundays. I passed one guy walking with his dog and then met him again on my return trip. Just after I originally passed him he came across a kangaroo on the pathway. It was over 6' tall and gave him quite a start! It hopped away in to the bush.

Plenty of cricket and tennis on TV at the moment.

Because of daylight saving in Melbourne and none here in Queensland, the powers that be with Channel 7 in Brisbane decide to give us a 'delayed' coverage of night time matches. Therefore we tend to follow these matches on the internet with 'live' scores and watch live video on the computer. Here is a screen shot of how live tennis looks via the internet. You can visit there site for yourself here.

No comments: