Tuesday, January 05, 2010

In Canberra

I do have Wi Fi connection here at our motel in Belconnen in Canberra so I can continue with my blogging!

The Sat Nav got us safely to our motel in Canberra from Newcastle. The freeway around Sydney made for a very easy trip through what is usually a bit of a nightmare. Traffic (and red traffic lights) slowed us once we hit Canberra which is about 400ks south of Newcastle. A message from one of our Newcastle hosts Mick suggested I check my oil as a he found a large pool of oil under where the car had been parked. My car oil level is still above "full" so the dropped oil was most probably from the idiot who spilled oil over the engine when doing the servicing before back in mid December.

Our motel is old but very well situated near a small but adequate shopping centre. The shopping centre has a supermarket, eateries and a 'grog store'. Last night we had Malaysian food. It was OK but nothing to write home about. There was heaps of it and the cost was very cheap. I think the motel room light was off and we were asleep by 9pm.

We spent an hour or two on Monday afternoon visiting my Aunt. She had stayed by my uncle's bedside for his last 36 hours. She is in her mid 80's and is coping as well as can be expected.

Many other relatives will arrive this afternoon and some are staying at this motel.

I have a little speech fine tuning today and I will also keep an eye on the cricket on TV.

The weather here is fine with 31 expected today. It was 16 this morning in Canberra. This is a bitterly cold place in winter and can be stiflingly hot in summer!

No comments: