Wednesday, November 04, 2009

What Is Happening!

We are expecting 31 degrees today with a bit of a N/W wind blowing. The pool was OK this morning when I swam after a 13k bike ride and about 23.5 degrees. The pool usually warms up to about 26 degrees which is lovely for swimming. With a top of 31 today, the pool may be even warmer.

I have started getting quotes to have the area concreted where the palm was cleared. The one guy who gave me a quote didn't want the job. It is all to be done by hand and would be hard work removing the soil which is already there. It has fibrous palm roots in the ground and takes time and effort to dig out. Being a small job there is a minimum order for concrete so it is expensive too. The guy quoted me about $700 to do the 5 square metre concrete job.

An option may be for me to dig it out myself. I am sure the chiropractor would love me doing that. However at an hour a day over a week or so it could be done. I would borrow a trailer and leave it out the front. Half the soil to be removed would come out easily, it is the other half which is the problem!

The windscreen was replaced on Monday afternoon.

I have done heaps of work on the BeCA website. It is all finished now. http://www.bellvista.com.au/

Yesterday saw the running of the Melbourne Cup. There was a local race meeting held on the same day here in Caloundra where over 9500 people attended. Tony and I rode our bikes down to the racecourse this morning where I took this photo of cars left at the racecourse overnight. I guess their drivers had too much to drink at yesterday's race meeting so they found an alternative way to get home. We saw several cars being driven away this morning when their owners had come back to retrieve them.

We are heading out for an evening meal with Paul, Linda and Tony tonight to a newly opened Thai Restaurant in Caloundra. Tony's wife Angela is still in Sydney catching up with family.

Trish flies down to Melbourne on November 22nd and returns here on December 8th.

No comments: