Thursday, November 26, 2009

I Have Had A Good Day!

Our pool has a salt chlorinator. The pool water has salt in it. The chlorinator uses this salt to create chlorine which keeps the pool water safe and clean from bacteria. A chlorinator is an expensive part of the pool. The chlorinator needs to run for so many hours a day to keep the supply of chlorine up to what is required. At this time of year the chlorinator needs to run for about 6 hours a day, 3 in the morning and 3 more in the afternoon and this is set using the inbuilt timer. I wanted to change my morning timer settings from a 7 am start to 6:30 am. I adjusted the settings to 6:30 am to 9:30 am for the morning run.

I got a bit of a fright when the timer wouldn't start automatically at 6:30 am! I could start it manually and it would automatically turn off at 9:30. I again adjusted the settings and again the chlorinator failed to start. The afternoon session from 1pm to 4 pm worked fine. I gambled and hit the "Reset" button and reset up all the settings, the clock, the amount of chlorine I wanted made and the timer settings too.

The afternoon session timer setting worked perfectly and this morning I waited patiently for the clock to tick around to 6:25 am the new start up time. I was very thankful when at 6:25 sharp the chlorinator and pool pump started up. I did not want to have to spend the best part of $1000 to have the chlorinator replaced just before we headed to Melbourne for Christmas! The automatic function is crucial for when we travel, we know the pool is being chlorinated even though we may be 2000k's away!

I was invited out to tea last night by Linda and Paul. Linda prepared a lovely Laksa dish. We enjoyed a few drinks together and all in all had a lovely night.

Cricket is on TV all today with Australia taking on the West Indies in a Test match!

No comments: