Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Much Cooler Wednesday

My trip to the Chiropractor on Monday eased many of my pains but I am still having a problem with my right shoulder. I get the greatest discomfort when using the computer mouse. This is indeed extremely serious! With each day it improves a little.

Yesterday (Tuesday) we had a 35 degree day which is quite hot for up here in this part of Queensland. Strong north westerly winds kept the temp up. The hottest time of the day was at 10 am. A sea breeze then kicked in and the humidity rose substantially while the temp dropped back to the high 20's. We have been riding our bikes each morning but this was the overcast sky which greeted us this morning. We are expecting 29 today when the cloud clears with a possible storm tonight and then back in to the 30's again for the next few days. The pool was heading towards 29 yesterday and was 26.5 when I swam this morning after the ride.

I had the air-con on for much of the day as we were having our upgraded Pay TV box installed. It is all operational now and how the quality of the picture has improved. This is achieved by a better quality Pay TV box and the introduction of High Definition Channels. I am very impressed with the way it worked out. My recent purchases from China (HDMI Switch and DVI to HDMI Adapters) have worked perfectly.

Trish continues to do some volunteer work at the local Information Centre and today she is back to Quilters. She heads to Melbourne for two weeks on Sunday while I stay here and do more to the backyard!

Tonight we are off to the new Thai restaurant we 'discovered' recently. Six of us are going and it will be a good night.

No comments: