Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Thursday And Spring Cleaning Is Completed.

Now the beer bottles are all washed and ready for Friday when I plan to bottle.

Remember to click on the photos below for a larger view. Then click on "Back" to return to this page.

Wednesday afternoon saw me complete the annual outside tidy up. The last major job was to clean the gunk off the path which goes beside our small home. For much of the time the pathway is in shade so mould and other gunk builds up over time. Here is a shot to the left of just starting the job yesterday afternoon and the shot below was taken this morning. It is a bit too clean now!
I did about 13k's on this morning's bike ride and at last was able to welcome in the magpie swooping season. It must have dived a couple of times before I even realized I was being swooped. It glanced off my helmet a couple of times, a bit like the helmet hitting a low hanging leaf or two so not really distressing. Sometimes they can be more vicious and give you a peck as well. A couple of years ago I was pecked and blood was drawn! The photo is one I found on the internet.

It is now warm enough for me to again have a quick swim when I return from a bike ride. I jumped in this morning along with an old rag and some spray on cleaner and gave the area between the water line and the pavers a tidy up. Grime builds up on the water line and requires some elbow grease to keep things looking spick and span.

After breakfast I was again around at the home of one of our Computer Club members helping her get connected to the internet as well as sorting out her new email address on her second laptop.

The pool water temp is nudging 23 today with another glorious day of 25 following a reasonably warm overnight of 15. They are expecting 30 degrees for early next week.

No comments: