Wednesday, September 23, 2009

From Sydney To Caloundra

This morning I wrote in this blog about dust in the sky around Sydney. These photos were taken in my backyard and out the front just a few minutes ago at about 1:30pm. It is eerie outside with a strange early afternoon light. It is over 30 degrees but the humidity has dropped to about 35% which is most unusual for this part of the world. I have closed the house up with windows and doors now all shut to keep the dust out.

The wind has swung to the south west bringing this dust with it. The outlook is for the winds to ease overnight and eventually swing around to the south east tomorrow. This means the wind will again be coming in off the sea, the dust will clear and the humidity will climb again.

1 comment:

Texas Lou said...

Oh my goodness, these dust storm pictures look very familiar to us. We have sandstorms quite a lot in the spring of the year, which come to think of it, that is what you are in. Keep them over there!! But I know when spring gets here next year, we will have them again. Sometimes the outside looks orange like a pumpkin, and it blows into drifts along street curbs. I know what you are going through.