Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Glorious Sunday

I put another brew on after I did my post yesterday. This brew is a lager and has a lemon in it as it brews. It should be ready to bottle about Friday I guess. That gives me time to get the 32 empty bottles required! If the weather stays like it is right now, sunny, cloudless sky and about 25 degrees, getting the next 8 or so empty bottles and therefore up to 32 won't be a problem.

Watched a great footy match last night when Collingwood just got over the line to win from Adelaide. My team Geelong plays Collingwood next Saturday night with the winner into the 2009 Grand Final. My team has had some 'problems' playing Collingwood in the past so it could be a tight match next weekend.

I rode on my own again this morning and got the usual 10k's in. I rode outside the estate today down streets surrounded with tall gum trees. It is magpie nesting season and they swoop down on anything they suspect is trying to hurt their young, especially older bike riders with blue helmets I reckon! Not a problem today, maybe the season is still a little time away. This 'drain' used to filled with reeds and sticks but it looks like the Council has cleared it out.

The pool wasn't quite warm enough for a swim today after my ride. However I decided to give the side fence another coat of 'stain' getting ready for the new swimming season. Painting is not one of my favored pastimes! However when finished the backyard does look better.

No comments: