Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Overcast Wednesday

What a strange country we live in! On the Sunshine Coast we have had so much rain yet in Victoria they are still in the midst of a drought. Just one day into winter and not even half way through the year, Caloundra has now had more rain than it would hope to receive in an average year. Our annual average rainfall here is 63 inches (1574mls) and right now the tally reads 64.5 inches (1612 mls). And guess what .... more rain is expected tomorrow!

Needless to say, there hasn't been any bike riding for the last few days.

I am hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew with the Computer Club. I get about a call a day from people with their PC problems. Yesterday (Tuesday) I had two visits from people seeking software or advice and I spent about an hour via "Skype" working my way through a downloading problem with someone. It seems I was able to help everyone but come 4pm I felt like I had done a day's work!

Following the resignation of a Committee member of the Community Association (he is off on a 6 month trip) I have been elected to the Committee.

Last night we went back to the Dicky Beach Surf Club with my two bike riding buddies and their wives. The meal wasn't as good as the last time we were there but it was a pleasant night. The member's special was Thai green Curry and it was very nice indeed.

I was going to 'bottle' today but after doing a reading with the hydrometer it seems another day or so brewing won't do it any harm. Here it is rugged up against the cooler weather. This afternoon I am around to another Computer Club member's home to install more software. Graham bought a new computer in December last year and in March the hard disk drive 'died'. He had to send it to Melbourne under warranty to have it repaired. It arrived back on Monday.

Tonight we have been invited to friend's place to watch the Rugby League "State Of Origin" match. I am not a rugby league fan but the State of Origin matches can be good to watch.

Tomorrow Trish and I are heading down to the Gold Coast to catch up with friends from Newcastle. Janet and Mick have headed up for a week's RnR and we look forward to catching up with them tomorrow. Rain has been forecast for much of the day. It is about a two hour drive down there.

John L (a mate of mine from Victoria) is heading up in a couple of weeks while Trish is down in Melbourne. John has also booked to return again on Monday Sept 28th for a week. During that week Queensland, Tasmania and South Australia will be playing a series of pre-season cricket matches. It is a great week rubbing shoulders with first class and some test cricket players.

No comments: