Monday, June 15, 2009

It Is Monday!

It is a bit quick for another post but here goes anyway. I continue to have a few problems with the computer not shutting down properly. I have no idea what it is but I am slowly working my way through the alternatives. If a computer won't shut down properly it can mean there is a conflict between programs, usually start up programs. I am slowly working my way though the startup programs by shutting each one down for a day or so to see if that stops the problems.

The shutdown problem is intermittent and seems to be a problem the longer the computer has been left turned on. I get quite a few "Windows Explorer has stopped working. Please wait while Windows Explorer restarts." The screen flickers couple of times then everything runs OK .

I updated the video card drivers this morning to see if that is the problem.

It seems I may be up to reformat again. The computer runs perfectly, it just doesn't always shut down or start up properly!

A glorious day yesterday with a top of 23. Today it is expected to cloud over a bit and possibly a bit wet this afternoon. This morning it was a pleasant 12 or so, great for the bike ride. The photo above left was taken at the top of a particularly nasty hill and shows the Glasshouse Mountains in the distance.

This photo was taken as I was riding along and shows one of the paths we like to ride on. Tony was with me again today so we had a good chat about things as we rode along. Being Monday, today's chat seemed to focus on footy results from over the weekend.

Trish continues to get ready for her flight down to Melbourne on Wednesday. That state is where the current Swine Flu outbreak is easily the worst so hopefully she will be OK.

No comments: