Friday, June 05, 2009

Sunshine Returns To The Sunshine Coast

Today is best described as spectacular! A gorgeous blue sky and about 23.

Wednesday night was fun. We had a great meal and some excellent company when around at a friend's home. The first State of Origin Rugby League match was on TV. It was a tough game though not quite my 'cup of tea'. We had a few drinks and I was able to help out with some computer software that they needed.

Then on Thursday we were on our way to the Gold coast to spend the day with friends Janet and Mick who were up from Newcastle for a week's Rn'R. We battled our way through a few showers and eventually arrived at their Gold Coast apartment before 11 a.m. We had a good chat about things and opened a beer (or two). The apartment was on the 4th floor, to the left is the view from the balcony. The pool (seen below) is heated but it was too cool for me to venture in!


The weather had cleared so we took a short walk into the local Broadbeach shopping area and had a look around. We found an Italian Restaurant where we had our lunch The Gnocchi Calabrese was delicious and almost spicy enough. We continued to sit and chat. The couple of beers and glass of white wine were very enjoyable too!

While the ladies headed back to the apartment Mick and I found a little bar he wanted to show me where we had another couple of beers. One of the beers was called "Skinny Blonde".

When the beer was icy cold the label looked like this to the left. However as the beer was consumed and the temperature of the stubby rose, the lady's bathing costume disappeared! What a great talking point for my home brew! Needless to say the two 'empties' came home with me to be added to my bottling collection!

This morning we were able to bike ride for the first time this week. We did a slow and chatty 14k's. Later Tony and I caught up to do some stuff for the Bellvista Community Association. Right now I am off to bottle my latest brew!

No comments: