Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Grey Sunday

Grey skies and wet grass greeted the Sunshine Coast this morning with about 10ml (almost half an inch) in the rain gauge. It is hoped it will get to 21 today.

I did a little shopping for groceries on Friday after I had slipped in to the Bowls Club for lunch. Later in the afternoon I enjoyed a few drinks again with Tony and Paul before heading home to cook my tea. There isn't much footy on this weekend so I will have to keep myself occupied a little.

Saturday morning was Computer Club again and I was busy helping some people out. I had burnt some movies for Tony and Paul to watch. I thought I might save myself some work and give Tony all my movies and then show him how he can burn them himself. However copying movies from one hard drive to another is a time consuming job. We got it started but not finished.

There was sport on TV Saturday evening so that was good then there is more sport again late Sunday. On Sunday morning I bottled another brew and gave the container a good clean using some bleach followed by a solid rinse out with warm water.

My mate John arrives tomorrow and is spending a couple of nights here and then possibly two nights with his mum. I pick him up from the airport Monday at 10:30 am.

My computer is operating beautifully. It recently updated to SP2 (Service Pack 2). However yesterday I noticed it no longer saves System Restore Points. I have sent an email to Microsoft Support on the problem. I wonder if SP2 has anything to do with it?

I have received email confirmation that the camera battery I ordered from Hong Kong is in stock and has already been posted. I could get it later this week.

No comments: