Sunday, May 31, 2009

Those Hills Can Be Steep!

Sunday morning and I have just got back from my 10k bike ride. I go on my own on Sundays, my riding partner and his wife visit the Caloundra Market each Sunday morning so he doesn't ride.

My doctor suggested I should drop a few kilos. I told her I had a 10k bike ride most days but she suggested I include a few hills just to get the heart rate up a bit. There are some bloody big hills around here!

These two photos don't really show the size of some of the hills. The photo above left shows a very steep hill. It is so steep I have to get off the bike and walk it up this hill! The photo to the left shows another hill which is OK because you can usually get up enough speed down the hill to climb to the top of the next one. They sure get my heart rate up as per doctor's orders.

Plenty of live footy on TV over the weekend. This is one of the very few weeks I don't get to see my team 'live' because it is on Free To Air TV and is delayed by 60 mins. I will tune the radio in via the computer to keep up with scores. Trish's team is live on TV so we will be watching that.

My brew is going along nicely. This is the air-lock which allows the gas from the brew to escape as the fermentation process takes place. You can see the water level lower in the left chamber as the gas builds up to 'overflow' via the second chamber. When the air-lock stops bubbling, then the brew is ready to be bottled. It will probably be ready to bottle Wednesday or Thursday. Then it is another 2 weeks in the bottles until it is ready. I usually wait over 4 weeks rather than 2 weeks. The longer it is left in the bottles, the better it is.

On Saturday it was Computer Club as usual. I was offered to attend these sessions for free (usually there is a $4 entry fee) but I declined. I reckon I would feel obligated to help out as well as follow club guidelines if I accepted the free entry offer. The Club is not in favour of the use of pirate software and there are times when I discuss this with people seeking advice. I was pleased to receive the offer as it indicated my assistance was valued by the club.

I bought my 1TB external drive on Friday afternoon. I now have plenty of backup capacity. I will use it to back everything up.

Trish heads to Melbourne in just over two weeks.

I have just had it confirmed that Tassie Tigers, South Australian Redbacks and Queensland Bulls will be playing in a 3 way cricket warm up competition here on the Sunshine Coast for the week beginning September 28th.

Another sunny day today with temps in the low 20's. There is a persistent cold southerly breeze outside at the moment taking the edge of an extremely pleasant morning.

No comments: