Sunday, November 02, 2008

What's Happening!

Life continues to amble quietly along on the Sunshine Coast. The weather is getting warmer with the pool temperature now nudging 23 degrees. It is now OK for a reasonable swim, especially after a 10 kilometer bike ride!


Trish has returned this afternoon from her 2 day Sewing Outing. I think she would have preferred it was a Social/Sewing Getaway rather than a Sewing/Sewing Getaway! But she enjoyed getting away. It is a pretty spot up in the hills behind the Sunshine Coast. It is a Baptist Camping Facility with a pleasant pool (see above), cabin style accommodation with room to do their sewing (below). Being a Baptist facility, alcohol was not encouraged but a few of the ladies enjoyed a quiet glass of wine in their rooms.


My computer reformat had another hiccup on Friday with a massive freeze up again. It took about 30 minutes before I could get it running again. It will be a trial and error thing to see if I have overcome it. I reckon it is something to do with the Firewall I installed. It seemed to freeze up just as the Firewall icon was coming on in the system tray and just as Skype was starting up. I have uninstalled that firewall and no longer do I get Skype to start up automatically.

And I have got myself a new VoIP router modem. It is now connected to the computer and seems to be running OK. It is a bit hard to get a decent photo of it. It does all the things I want it to do and is known for being a very good solid model, exactly what I want. It is a Billion brand, BIPAC 7401 VGP-M.

Since Friday night, the PC has not skipped a beat and loads and runs beautifully! Hopefully with a solid modem and a new Firewall installed I have overcome the "freezes".

An article in the local paper warns of the Sunshine Coast having an extremely wet few months in front of us. A long range weather forecaster is predicting flood like rainfall for the Sunshine Coast between now and Christmas! Heavy rain will continue into January too!

No comments: