Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's About Time!

It's about time I put another post onto my blog page! I didn't realize it had been so long since I last posted! We have had a much cooler and wetter week this week. Unlike down in Melbourne where they have had 30 degrees plus the last two days, here we have struggled to get to the mid 20's.

On Tuesday we drove over 50k's up to Noosa where we caught up with Carol and David, friends from Melbourne. They were staying in an apartment there overlooking the bay and just beside a National Park. Carol's daughter Sian was there with her husband Craig and their two girls, Jade and Lilly! We had a great lunch with them at the apartment and enjoyed the afternoon chatting and having a few drinks. It was great to see them all again. The two girls are growing up now!

Noosa is at the trendy end of the Sunshine Coast and generally caters for tourists from overseas and interstate. And the price of things there reflect that! Most local visitors, i.e. tourists and families from Brisbane seem to visit our end of the Coast. It seems to be more 'family oriented' and certainly less expensive at this end! However Noosa is the epitome of a lovely sub tropical tourist paradise with an idyllic beach and plenty of trendy shops and boutiques.

Trish is getting ready for her trip down to Melbourne next Wednesday and I am getting ready to host a couple of mates who are coming up while Trish is away! Barry (a former neighbour from our days back in Melbourne) and John our finance guy are visiting.

I have been busy getting another batch of Home Brew on and I expect to have it bottled before the guys get here on Wednesday. They are staying for a week.

We had 20mls of rain (80pts) overnight from a few forecast "showers". We are enjoying another shower right now as I type! The front lawn certainly needs a mow right now and the pool is full! We haven't been for bike ride for a couple of days now, it has been too wet. The photo here was taken just a few minutes ago as the latest shower commenced!

Click "HERE" to see the current loop from the Brisbane Weather Bureau for radar of the showers coming in from the south east off the ocean. Caloundra is up near the top of the screen. Here is a screen shot!

I can now say the computer is fully up and running again! The new modem (once packed back in its box and ready to be returned to the shop where I bought it) has not missed a beat in the last week or so since I worked it all out. I have just got 'person to person' file sharing to work on it. I won't go into much detail but my former modem took only one step to set up, this one took about 5 steps! And of course there aren't any instructions! That was the end of 4 days frustration (and enjoyment with the challenge of solving a problem).

I haven't had a computer freeze or any sort of start up problem over the last week, it runs quickly and smoothly!

No comments: