Thursday, November 27, 2008

Visitors Head Back To Melbourne.

It was great having Barry and John visit for the week. We had a great time, drank too much and relived old times. John was able to get away from the world of finance and have a good break. The Test match finishing early meant we had to fill in a few days which had ramifications for me with Australia's Drink Driving laws. One day we went for a walk along the boardwalk at about 10 am. We eventually arrived back home about 5 pm. We found a couple of good 'watering holes' and had a long day.

But I managed to get them to the airport on time to catch their flight then set about getting myself back home for a tidy up. Several loads of washing, the floors needed a bit of a tidy up and of course I had to set about replenishing my home brew supplies. It is now over 24 hours since the guys headed off and the tidying up and replenishing has been completed. A new brew is bubbling away quietly in the garage and I have 32 washed bottles drying as I type.

The weather remains warm and humid. Impending rain and storms mean lots of grey clouds with some sunshine from time to time. The temp is around 28 degrees but the pool is only about 22 degrees. Yesterday was sunny allowing me to get all the washing dry! It is back to cloudy again today.

Today I was back to the audiologist to have my hearing aid checked, tomorrow the car is to be serviced.

The phone via Voip hasn't played up for a while, but we don't get that many calls. My uncle's second wife Lola who is in Canberra is ill. They are in their 80's and any trip to hospital is a concern.

Trish continues to enjoy herself in Melbourne visiting friends and catching up with the grandchildren.

She has organized a family reunion for her side of the family this Sunday. It is amazing, here we are living 2000 kilometres away from Melbourne and Trish has to do the organizing for a family reunion! Ah well, as long as everyone has a great time that is what is important!

No comments: