Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Update

It has been a hectic few days. Trish is has flown down to Melbourne for a fortnight and I have Barry and John spending a week with me here at Caloundra. It has been pretty busy with reliving old times and enjoying possibly too many drinks. The weather has been great except for today which though fine has been extremely windy and not hot. The pool has had a fair bit of use and we have watched the recent Australia vs New Zealand cricket test match!

Things got off to a bad start when we found the beer I had put in my portable fridge had all frozen! I had some of it for over 12 months and it had 'gone off'. Therefore we were glad it had been frozen! The situation was 'recovered' and all went along nicely!

We have been to the RSL for a meal and to the Golden Beach Tavern for a great steak. Today we had breakfast at the Bowls Club. We have eaten superbly but simply! John has been able to catch up on his sleep! John is a Financial Adviser and has been working hard and enduring hard times with the current financial situation. When here he relaxes (and drinks my home brew!).

The early finish to the cricket meant Barry could watch some of his car racing. He doesn't look too stressed does he? John 'promised' his mum (who also lives on the Sunshine Coast) that he would spend a night with her and that looks like being Monday night.

The guys fly home to Melbourne on Wednesday.

I had a Computer Club member catch up with me yesterday looking for either Vista or XP to set up his daughter's new PC. I was able to help him out before we set off for the RSL!

No comments: