Sunday, November 09, 2008

Another Inch Of Rain Overnight

A long range forecaster has said the Sunshine Coast was in for a wet summer this year. So far we have had 70mls of rain this week alone, almost 3 inches! Lawn is greening up again and the pool is full!

Yesterday I did another tutorial at the Computer Club on How To Select An ISP. (Internet Service Provider). Several in the audience later caught up with me to thank me. One lady wished I had given the tutorial 3 weeks earlier. It seems she has just 'signed up' for a plan and is already regretting her decision.

I mentioned that people should get more download limit rather than what they thought they would need. I also said to be careful of 'free' modems etc, there isn't any such thing! I also talked about the period of the contract. One ISP is selling 3 year plans! Who knows what their internet needs will be in 12 months let alone 3 years! I suggested 6 months was a good length of time.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the presentation. If you want you can download the full Powerpoint Presentation I gave from the link to the right in Les' Links (or click here). Most of the presentation was based on the Broadband Choice website here! There is lots of great information at the Broadband Choice website as well as support for anyone who has a problem or a question about their modem or connection to the internet. There are also suggestions on which is the best modem to suit your needs.

No comments: