Wednesday, February 06, 2008

We All Wish It Would Go South!

The rain that is ....

Tuesday was a showery day in this part of Australia. This picture was taken from the internet and shows rain bearing down on Caloundra last night. It gave us another 15 mls of rain and a daily total of 21 mls. That gives us 125 mls or 5 inches of rain in the first 6 days of February. A few more mls of rain and we will have already received the average total rainfall for both January and February put together and we still have 3 weeks to go this month! If you click on the photo it will show a bigger photo. Caloundra is about 1 cm (.5 of an inch) from the top. Remember to click on "Back" to return to this page.

The forecasters are already putting out warnings for severe storms to come in from the west this afternoon! However sunny weather is then expected to return over the next few days.

Despite all the rain it sure isn't cold. It is high 20's and quite humid, OK if you have a ceiling fan nearby!

Meanwhile people in Melbourne are crying out for rain, it is very dry down there!

I have a back problem which flares from time to time. It 'went' again on Monday so I have been in a little discomfort the last day or so. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and it is certainly better today. After a severe working over it can take a day or so to settle down again. Before visiting the Chiro, I hastily put another brew on. I have to carry a 22 litre container filled with brew to the garage to sit for a week. I didn't want to try this after having my back treatment!

Trish is back to her Stitchers Group today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you convert your rainfall to inches, as those ml numbers just don't mean a thing to me. I wish you could send some of your rain over here to us. We've not had any moisture in nearly two months. Everything is SO--- dry. We have a cold front blowing in right now, but it is dry and very low humidity.