Saturday, February 09, 2008

Computer Club Day

I visited the Chiropractor again yesterday (Friday) and I certainly feel better today. I still need to be a bit careful getting out of a chair then turning quickly. However I took the plunge and went on a 6 km bike ride followed by a swim in the pool to cool off! With all the rain recently it is quite humid.

K-Mart have 320MB external hard drives for about $129. Seems a good deal to me. It was in their catalogue on Thursday.

At the computer Club today I saw a little program called CDburnerXP which looked a handy tool. It is a freebie but it does require .net before it will run. Just put CDburnerXP into Google and you will find the download easily. If you don't have .net already installed you will then be directed to a download site to download it. It is a large download though.

I also had a go at converting 35mm slides into photo files on the computer. I was not overly happy with the result but it was OK. I did a couple of photos from when we lived at Hoddle's Creek back in the early 1970's. The photo below is from Thailand in either 77 or 78.



I took a movie of the storm we got on Thursday afternoon and I have put it on Youtube. It goes for almost 5 minutes. There is a link on the right hand side of this page under Les' Links. Or just click on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phUla1JHiv0

I wouldn't suggest you do this if you have 'dial-up' as it is a fairly big movie file.

A few more storms today and another half inch of rain! Nothing overnight.

Trish found her Quilter's Group quite sociable and very chatty yesterday. She enjoyed it.

No comments: