Friday, February 08, 2008

Caloundra's Turn For A Storm

Thursday had been warm and sunny. The pool looked inviting so I grabbed a book mid afternoon and made my way poolside. It was very pleasant there, a coolish breeze, plenty of shade and I could have a quick swim when ever I wanted. The beer was nice and cold too.

Just on 4 pm I thought I heard some thunder from the south. I quick look in that direction showed a heap of black clouds heading our way. That gave time to clear any washing from the line (wet towels, bathers, etc) and to put away the large umbrella and ready things for a storm. Before long the black cloud was upon us.

The wind blew up and the palms started to be blown about, pieces of palm fronds were blown into the pool. At first there were just a few spots of rain but then it started pouring. This photo was taken from the front door looking across the street. I was busy taking photos and movies. The rain pelted down and the water level in the pool began to rise! As the wind died down, the rain continued! 20 minutes of rain yielded almost 30 mls, (1.2 inches).

The rain was gone as quickly as it arrived. This photo was taken 5 minutes after the rain stopped. The sun came back out again and the humidity level rose! Remember to click on these photos for a larger view, then "Back" to return to this page.



Trish is off to Quilters Club today. I was back to the Chiropractor! Later there will be a little shopping to be done before Sri Lanka Vs Australia live One -Day Cricket from Sydney. Tough life isn't it.

Also great to see the share market back in positive territory again today!

No comments: