Thursday, February 28, 2008

No Real News, Only "Mould"

Life continues to move along comfortably.

Last night we watched "Let There Be Blood', the movie in which Daniel Day Lewis won an 'Oscar' for Best Actor. He certainly played the role very well but we were both disappointed the way the movie ended. It was almost 2 hours 40 minutes long too.

This morning the weather has been fine enough for us to have a bike ride again. During the ride I snapped this parrot. Not a very good photo I am afraid but the little digital camera I have is not designed to take 'close ups' very well. Unfortunately it does not capture the glorious color of the bird.

Our new supermarket is getting close to opening and should provide good competition for the "Coles" supermarket which has had a bit of a monopoly in the supermarket stakes in our town at the moment. The new supermarket is due to open some time next month. This photo shows that the finishing touches are being applied.

I was searching through my walk in wardrobe recently and saw some of my clothes were getting mouldy! I hung them outside in the sun for several hours and then brushed them clean. The problem has never been this bad before and goes to show how wet and steamy the weather has been this year. I have also noticed the 'grout' between the pavers around the pool (especially the pavers not on the sunny side) have a build up of mould too. The mould is especially noticeable on the 'bull nosed' tiles around the pool's edge. I got the pressure sprayer out this morning and gave them all a good clean. The best place to get at them was from in the pool!

All are looking spick and span again now!

I still can't access "Les' Caloundra Rainfall Figures" through the link on the right under "Les' Links". Is it me or can anyone else get through to that page? I just get a blank white page and nothing else.

No comments: