Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday News Update

Though taken a couple of days ago, these photos give you the idea that it can be quite cool here some mornings. This photo was taken at about 7:30 a.m. There was hardly a cloud in the sky that morning and my daily bike ride took me down to Pumicestone passage again.

As you can see from this photo the passage is glassy smooth and makes a very pretty photograph. Further below is another photo I took of the apartments which overlook this part of the beach. They would be sensational places to live with great views especially when the weather is fine. However with a howling south easterly blowing in from the sea I am not so sure it would be as picturesque.

The beach here is not really able to be swum in. And I would imaging you would be right in the middle of all the holiday traffic. I think I could handle that inconvenience to live is such a pretty spot. Couldn't you?


Caravanning friends Russell and Irene are currently in "the best caravan park they have ever been in" at a spot called Rollingstone about 50k's north of Townsville. They have enjoyed swimming in the resort style pool there. They start their trek back to Drouin on Saturday. That leaves them about 2 weeks to do the 3000k trip home.

No comments: