Sunday, June 24, 2007

Reasonable Weather

Today can best be described as reasonable. But I guess it is "reasonable" weather time of the year! It was about 12 degrees when I had a bike ride this morning and it is only about 16 or so now. There are some sunny breaks but a coolish wind is blowing.

I took the camera with me and managed a few photos. The photos look better now than when I first took them. Despite being a 'grey' morning, some of the color in these photos is beautiful. This photo has an autumn feel to it with the browns and greys mixed in with the greens.

Remember to click on the photos for a larger view.

I took this photo of the Glasshouse Mountains from the local Caloundra Airport. I had to crop the photo down to get this bit. A cloud seems to be attached to one of the mountains. The Glasshouse Mountains are a great a scenic day trip from here. You can do as much or as little walking as you like and the scenery can be stunning.

The final photo is of the "The Duckponds". The Council has thinned out a lot of the burnt trees from the fires 8 months ago and this is the result. There are numerous ducks which live here and they seem to want all the pathway to themselves as you ride or walk through the area. The pond can be seen as a green patch through the trees.

My next post will most probably be from Melbourne. I set off for there first thing tomorrow by car. We expect to be back on the Sunshine Coast by July 20th if things go to plan.

After a sunny but cool day in Moree, Russell and Irene are today heading for Coonabarrabran. They are thinking a spending a couple of nights there. It all depends on the weather. I may well see them as I drive down tomorrow.

No comments: