Thursday, June 28, 2007

First Day In Melbourne

After a good night's sleep I was feeling a lot better after my long drive. The weather in Melbourne yesterday was miserable, cold, wet and windy. Parts of Victoria are receiving much needed drought breaking rain. Melbourne is on the edge of this rainfall and recorded 16 mls.

The day was spent quietly catching up with family and getting to know the grandchildren. As I type this Charli is sitting on my knee. It feels pretty good.

Tonight we are off to my favorite Malaysian food restaurant where we will catch up with our youngest daughter Kim.

Last evening long time friend Carol visited and saw James for the first time and got to meet Charli again. It was good to compare notes with her on how our respective families are going.

It was all good fun.

Trish has a heavy cold and it is a pretty good chance it will be passed on to me shortly. Hopefully I won't get it as badly as she has it. She seems to be a bit better each day.

Caravanning friends Russell and Irene have arrived in Echuca on the Murray River. The weather there was cold and windy but there was no rain. They expect to get back to Drouin on Sunday.

No comments: