Friday, June 15, 2007

Grandparents Again

Our daughter Kate down in Melbourne rang us this morning at 4:30 a.m. to tell us her contractions were 4 minutes apart, they were waiting for Arj's mum to get there to look after Charli, and for the ambulance to arrive. As I type (10:51 a.m.) it appears the birth is till 3 to 4 hours away but who really knows.

The VoIP phone calls are getting a good trial today! Trish has changed her flight arrangements and will arrive in Melbourne mid afternoon tomorrow. Great service that and able to do it all 'online'.

I will now drive down most likely on Monday June 25th and get to Melbourne a couple of days later. Everything is about 10 days ahead of schedule.

More mundane news is:

I got another brew on yesterday and it should be ready to bottle late next week, I bottled 32 bottles of Lager yesterday. I like to use filtered water which can be seen here being tipped into the brew. I then carry the brew up to the garage where it sits on a heating pad on a shelf there.

Yesterday we took a drive up the coast and spent an hour or so at Mooloolaba. This photo shows the heavy showers brewing off the coast. If the south easterly wind picks up these showers are blown onto the coastal area. This happened last night and we received over 7 mls of rain.

Caravanning friends Russell and Irene are leaving Rollingstone on Sunday and expect to make Rockhampton later that day as they slowly make their way home to Victoria.

I still haven't got the repaired pool salt chlorinator back yet. (Actually it is still at the pool shop and hasn't been picked up!) I think it is called giving them a 'rocket'! Hopefully I will have it back before I am due to head south in a week or so.

No comments: