Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday News Update

Our friends Russell and Irene are currently about 500k's north of us near Yeppoon which is on the coast about 40k's from Rockhampton. With about 1 month before they are due back at Drouin in Victoria, Russell was saying they are thinking about heading inland and visiting Emerald, Barcaldine and then heading south to Cunnamulla and eventually back to Victoria. However the beauty of caravanning is you can go when ever you want to where ever you want. They are very conscious of the need for them to be back home late June. It hangs like a sword
across their necks.

The migration from my dial-up internet to broadband is almost complete. The telephone line has been enabled to receive ADSL but it still requires the ISP (Internet Service Provider) to connect its service to my phone line. This is expected to happen on Monday. As I only put my order in for the new service on Wednesday, I am pleased this has happened so quickly. My provider will be Netspace. I have already switched to their free dial-up service (which is an element of their Broadband packages). This will be great for when we are 'down south' if I am to retain my internet access from the laptop.

The home wireless network is fully operational.

Once it is confirmed and I have my broadband connection fully operational I will email people my new preferred email address. I am currently uploading my Treasures of Vietnam and China web page to the Netscape server and will adjust the links on the Blog Page when completed.

It is a nice sunny day with temps in the mid 20's. Overnight was about 16 degrees or so. We are hopeful of some showers tomorrow.

No comments: