Thursday, May 31, 2007

Connected At Last

At last the broadband connection here at home appears to be working. It is a much quicker connection than the dial up connection I had! I find I can download 100mb in about 30 minutes! It makes surfing the internet a pleasure.

We had visitors today and became fairly involved so I did not get a chance to contact Netspace and confirm what the problem had been. I guess it was the phone line between the exchange and the ISP.

It was great to catch up with Rod and Maree Bramich today. Rod was the School Council President for much of the time I was at Langwarrin Primary School. Trish and I took their son as a member of an exchange program to New Delhi. They now live at Wodonga but had joined a good friend for a week's break who now lives at Noosa. It was a great day with them but their time with us was too short. Lunch on the deck of the King's Beach Tavern was very pleasant.

Today's weather was certainly a lot brighter than yesterday when Trish and I were caught in a local shower while on our bike ride. We sheltered under a tree waiting for the rain to pass. After about 10 minutes we decided to head back home despite the rain. About 500 metres up the road everything was as dry as a bone and the sun was out. There was a beautiful rainbow too!

I sent out emails today with our 'new' email address. I may have missed a few people in the rush to get things out. If you are one of those, use the email link on the right to contact us and I will send you the new address!

No comments: