Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Glorious Saturday On The Sunshine Coast

We awoke to what was forecast to be a rainy morning but discovered clear blue skies and and a temperature which was on the way up. By 10 am it was 27 degrees poolside.

Caravanning friends Russell and Irene have discovered Woodgate, a small coastal town between Bundaberg and Hervey Bay. It is a pretty spot with a great beach (but no surf), a great caravan park, a hotel and a Lawn Bowls Club. They have booked in there for a week. They have to be back in Melbourne by the end of June.

Yesterday we drove into Brisbane's northern suburbs to check out Chermside Shopping Centre. It is one of Brisbane's biggest centres. A new Dan Murphy store had opened there (a large liquor retailer) and we stocked up on wine. I also saw the guy who had sold me the faulty modem/router and he said that what had happened to me had also happened to others.

I gave the pool a vacuum this morning and noticed a couple of marks which resisted vacuuming and good scrub with a brush to remove them. The only other way to get rid of them is to use some 'wet n' dry' sandpaper and sand the offending marks off and you have to use your foot to do the sand papering!

Today's weather was beautiful but the pool is still a cool 20 degrees! However following the 11k bike ride I ventured in with the 'wet n dry' and removed the marks.

No my foot is not that long, the water plays tricks and my foot looks longer than it actually is in this photo.

I had my first problem with purchasing on eBay yesterday. I was sent the wrong thing! They sent me a bike computer (I have already bought two of these from the same seller and I paid $18 each for them) and I was meant to get a cordless mouse for the laptop computer.

I emailed the seller telling him of their error and he suggested the easiest way to solve the problem was for me to purchase the bike computer. He said they usually sell for $30 and he would sell it to me at $15. I emailed him back telling him that I had already bought two of them from him at $18 each late in 2006. I told him I thought $10 was a fair price and I await his email reply.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice DT's.