Saturday, May 05, 2007

I Hope The Bad language Hasn't Upset You!

It has been a day or two since I got onto my Blog Page.

I have decided to move from my internet dial-up to DSL Broadband. To do this I need a modem and with a laptop about the house too I should link it to the internet as well via a home network. So I was looking for a router/modem with wireless capabilities. We make calls to family in Melbourne so the idea of Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone calls is attractive too. An untimed call to Melbourne 24/7 for 10 cents is good to me.

I found the router modem I needed and I had to buy a wireless card for the laptop.

Trying to get it all setup (remembering I won't have the broadband connected till after we return from Melbourne at the end of July) has had the inappropriate language flowing up here on the Sunshine Coast.

The router modem has a red light flashing all the time (probably because it can't find Broadband) and the laptop has minimal contact via wireless with the router.

This photo shows the laptop trying to open the configuration page from the router. It just can't quite get it all just yet. The wireless connection speed is so slow!

But we will get there!

No comments: