Saturday, October 03, 2015

Grand Final Day

The storms we had earlier in the week have now disappeared.  They have been swapped to glorious warm days with temps close to 30° during the day then mid teens during the night.  The winds still comes from the south east so it isn't summery just yet.

I was in the pool Friday morning after my bike ride but 21.5° isn't conducive to having a long swim!  I usually say the swimming season here goes from Grand Final Day through to Anzac Day.  Coldish nights are the problem with any heat gained during the day is lost overnight.  It also needs the soil around the pool to warm up as well.

I have extended the pool's filter operating times (photo above left) so the 'chlorinator' has more time to make some extra chlorine now the swimming season is upon us.

News remains scant with the usual hum drum during the day.

To a Bowls Club for an evening meal on Wednesday, Community Club occasion on Thursday attended by the deputy premier of the state and other dignitaries.  Dress for the official occasion was 'business' attire so it was coat, collar and tie.  It is the first time I have worn socks for quite some time.

I have been back on the bike again keeping out of the way of any magpies, they haven't been a problem as long as I steer clear of their nesting areas.

I continue to learn about Kodi and my Android TV Box, usually there is something new each day.  I am beginning to see it is not necessarily for the new non computer oriented user as it does have some idiosyncrasies.

The links to Android Apps in the post below have been a real eye opener.  If you just want to stream movies or TV shows this would suit your needs.  I have found Show Box to be the best.  I have read somewhere the Apple version is called Movie Box.

Today is Grand Final Day here and we have stocked up with meat pies, prawns and other nibblies.  I will make an appearance at Computer Club but plan to be back home mid morning.  There is an U/17's (or something similar) live on Pay TV prior to the big game.  Trish's team is playing so she is quite looking forward to the game.

Most of the electrical appliances we have at home we bought when we first arrived here on the Sunshine Coast, making much of it around 13 years old.  Recently the dish washer door has been difficult to open and required it to be lifted and then pulled firmly.  A new one was on the cards.

So Trish was pretty peeved when I mucked around with it and bent a piece of the lock (a metal tongue) downwards.  Since then the door has opened easily and freely!

No comments: