Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Sensational Sunday!

The 'temporary' final maneuvering of potplants has occurred.  The solar powered Christmas lights are almost all in place and the backyard has returned to blissful peace.  The stretched and sore muscles in both our bodies are recovering and a call is about to made to the Chiropractor for a tune up.

Some of the remaining paint will be used on the two sections of concrete we still have up towards the back fence.  Though not proper 'paving paint' we have so much of it we will give it a go.  A quick patch up paint from time to time will be required but we have enough paint to last for some time.

I am not good with my hands when it comes to anything mechanical.  When our good friends and neighbours moved out recently when they downsized from a 5 bedroom home to a small 3 bedroom unit they decided they didn't want their 15 year old (or thereabouts) lawnmower any more.

I decided to give my 30 year old mower to the guy over the road and took Brian's 15 year old model.  It worked beautifully when I gave the lawn a mow a week or so ago.  I needed to tidy the lawn up again on Friday and despite my best efforts I couldn't get the thing to start.  So I grabbed my old model back again from the neighbour, gave the lawn a quick mow and contacted Brian to see if there was a special knack to start his former mower.

He came round, went through the start up procedure but there it sat, silent and useless.  We both felt that most likely the spark plug was the problem but I was unsure if I had a spark plug spanner.  After an hour or so I seemed to recollect where I might have the required sized socket, found it and yes it fitted perfectly.  The spark plug screwed out with hardly any pressure required.

With this in mind I replaced the spark plug and gave it just a small bit of pressure to ensure it was locked in place.  Two pulls of the starter cord and the mower burst into life!

We will see how well the 'fix' went when I need to start the mower again in a week or so.

Delightful sunny days and I have no idea where the forecast of possible morning showers came from!  The days are around 26° and sunny, even the pool was 24.5° this morning when I had a post bike ride swim!

After Computer Club yesterday I am even more convinced that some people should never be permitted to have access to a laptop!  Movie chat and some stuff on Kodi took up more time.  I helped a couple buy an i5 powered laptop for $575 delivered as well and they were very happy with the deal.

Cricket on TV and plenty of stuff to enjoy on the new Android box. 

Life is good right now.

Arj has a new post on his Blog Site.  We visited this little spot when we did our Red Sea snorkelling thing!  It is relatively close to the shore and a really picturesque little spot.

http://behindthekeyboard.global2.vic.edu.au/2015/10/18/on-the-weekend-17th-october-2015/

No comments: